- Patient Preparation
- Plasma separator tube or serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow serum tube to clot completely at room temperature. Separate serum or plasma from cells within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens obtained through catheters used to infuse hyperalimentation fluid. Specimens with potassium oxalate/sodium fluoride, citrate, or EDTA as anticoagulants.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 3 months
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0020025||Creatinine, Serum or Plasma|
- Blood Creatinine
- Serum Creatinine