Use to diagnose and manage diabetes mellitus and other carbohydrate metabolism disorders.
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Gray (sodium fluoride/potassium oxalate), plasma separator tube, or serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 1 year
By report (reports may vary based on instrumentation)
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0020024||Glucose, Serum or Plasma|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at email@example.com.
- Glucose, Serum/P
- Blood Glucose, Diabetic
- Blood Sugar
- Sugar, Blood
- Sugar, Plasma