This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Plasma separator tube or serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow specimen to clot completely at room temperature. Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens containing sodium fluoride.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 1 year
By report (reports may vary based on instrumentation)
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0020023||Urea Nitrogen, Serum or Plasma|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.
- urea nitrogen clearance
- Blood Urea Nitrogen