Lipase, Serum or Plasma
Within 24 hours
New York DOH Approval Status
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Plasma separator tube or serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow serum tube to clot completely at room temperature. Separate serum or plasma from cells within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 2 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Body Fluids (refer to Lipase, Fluid, ARUP test code 0020715). Specimens collected in EDTA, oxalate/fluoride or citrate, or in tubes with glycerol lubricated stoppers.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 1 year
By report (reports may vary based on instrumentation).
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0020014||Lipase, Serum or Plasma|