- Patient Preparation
- Plasma separator tube or serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow serum tube to clot completely at room temperature. Separate serum or plasma from cells within 2 hours of collection. Transport 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Other body fluids. Specimens containing citrate as anticoagulant.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 4 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week (in a closed container); Frozen: 1 month (in a closed container)
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0020004||Carbon Dioxide, Serum or Plasma||2028-9|
- carbon dioxide blood test
- CO2 blood concentration
- CO2 blood levels
- CO2 blood test