Primarily for evaluating lymphocyte function in patients with suspected cellular immune dysfunction, such as primary and secondary immunodeficiencies. Other uses include monitoring lymphocyte recovery and competence after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation and monitoring lymphocyte function during immunosuppressive therapy. Do not order for patients younger than 3 months unless clinical history of candidiasis is present.
- Patient Preparation
- Collect control specimen from a healthy individual unrelated to patient.
Patient and control specimens must be collected ONLY on Wednesdays or Thursdays AND shipped directly to ARUP the same calendar day to meet the strict 24-hour stability requirement.
- Green (sodium heparin) (patient) AND green (sodium heparin) (control) only on Wednesdays or Thursdays.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 10 mL whole blood (patient) AND 10 mL whole blood (control) in original collection tubes. (Min: 7 mL (patient) AND 7 mL (control)). Infant Minimum: 3 mL (patient) AND 7 mL (control).
Do not refrigerate or freeze. LIVE LYMPHOCYTES REQUIRED.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL ROOM TEMPERATURE.
Must be collected and shipped directly to ARUP the same calendar day.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Refrigerated or frozen specimens.
- Do not collect or ship on, or the day before, holidays.
- Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Unacceptable
|CD45 Pos Cells||39.7% or greater||15.5% or greater||10.0% or greater|
|CD3 Pos Cells||42.5% or greater||17.4% or greater||8.0% or greater|
|CD19 Pos Cells||51.9% or greater||N/A||6.3% or greater|
|CD45 Pos Cells||2.9% or greater||9.6% or greater|
|CD3 Pos Cells||3.0% or greater||2.8% or greater|
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|3001322||CD45+ Cell Proliferation by PHA||69038-8|
|3001323||CD3+ Cell Proliferation by PHA||69013-1|
|3001324||CD19+ Cell Proliferation by PHA|
|3001325||CD45+ Cell Proliferation by Con A|
|3001326||CD3+ Cell Proliferation by Con A|
|3001327||CD45+ Cell Proliferation by PWM||69019-8|
|3001328||CD3+ Cell Proliferation by PWM||69020-6|
|3001329||CD19+ Cell Proliferation by PWM||69037-0|
|3001330||CD45+ Cell Proliferation by Tetanus||69016-4|
|3001331||CD3+ Cell Proliferation by Tetanus||69029-7|
|3001332||CD45+ Cell Proliferation by Candida||69014-9|
|3001333||CD3+ Cell Proliferation by Candida||69015-6|
|3001334||Lymphocyte Antigen Mitogen Panel Interp||53810-8|