Facilitates diagnosis of Burkitt lymphoma (BL) and B-cell lymphoma with features intermediate between BL and diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL).
- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin-embed specimen. Protect paraffin block and/or slides from excessive heat. Transport tissue block or 5 unstained (3-micron thick sections) positively charge slides in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect ™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787 (kit is recommended but not necessary). (Min: 2 slides) If sending precut slides, do not oven bake.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature or refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens fixed or processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer) or heavy metal fixatives (B-4 or B-5). No tumor in tissue. Decalcified specimens.
- Include surgical pathology report.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|3000612||IGH-MYC FISH Reference Number|
|3000613||IGH-MYC FISH Source|
|3000614||IGH-MYC FISH Result|
|3000702||Total Cell Count|
- C-MYC by FISH; IGH-MYC Fusion FISH
- IGH-MYC Fusion FISH
- IGH-MYC rearrangement FISH
- MYC, Fluorescent In Situ Hybridization (FISH)
- Translocations 8 and 14 by FISH