Detect and quantify HIV-1. Determine HIV-1 drug resistance by DNA sequencing.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA), Pink (K2EDTA), or Plasma Preparation Tube (PPT).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate from cells within 24 hours of collection. Transfer 4 mL plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube and freeze. (Min: 2.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Serum. Heparinized specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 72 hours; Frozen: 3 months
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|3000868||HIV-1 Qnt by NAAT (copies/mL)||20447-9|
|3000869||HIV-1 Qnt by NAAT (log copies/mL)||29541-0|
|3000970||HIV-1 Qnt by NAAT Interp||25835-0|
- HIV genotyping for drug sensitivity testing
- HIV-1 reflex to genotyping
- HIV-1 Treatment decision
- HIV-1 viral load
- Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT)
- Viral load monitoring