Recommended FISH panel for individuals suspected of having Ph-like ALL.
- Patient Preparation
- Non-diluted bone marrow aspirate collected in a heparinized syringe. Also acceptable: Whole blood in Green (Sodium Heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Bone Marrow: Transfer 3 mL bone marrow to a Green (Sodium Heparin). (Min: 1 mL)
Whole Blood: Transport 5 mL whole blood. (Min: 2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Paraffin-embedded specimens. Clotted specimens.
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
Other specimen types may be acceptable, contact the Cytogenetics Laboratory for specific specimen collection and transportation instructions.
If cell pellets or dropped cytogenetics slides are not submitted, a processing fee will apply.
This test must be ordered using Oncology test request form #43099 or through ARUP interface.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|3000458||Ph-Like ALL Panel by FISH|
|3000459||EER Ph-Like ALL Panel by FISH|