Recommended test if serology is used to aid in the diagnosis of blastomycosis.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum Separator Tube (SST).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.25 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- Mark specimens plainly as acute or convalescent.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|3000235||Fungal Antibodies with Reflex to Blastomyces dermatitidis Antibodies by Immunodiffusion||0.9 IV or less: Negative|
1.0-1.4 IV: Equivocal
1.5 IV or greater: Positive
|0050172||Blastomyces dermatitidis Antibodies by Immunodiffusion||None Detected|
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|3000237||Blastomyces Antibody by EIA, SER||16471-5|