Assist in prognosis of patients with midgut neuroendocrine tumors.
- Patient Preparation
- Pain medication, medications that affect hypertension or intestinal motility should be discontinued, if possible, at least 48 hours prior to collection.
- Z plasma preservative tube (ARUP supply #40874) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate from cells within 10 minutes. Transfer 4 mL plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube and freeze immediately. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Thawed specimens.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: 6 months
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|3000222||Neurokinin A (Substance K), Plasma|
Performed at Interscience