Detect and quantitate NPM1 mutant transcripts (type A, B, and D). Monitor for minimal residual disease and assess the risk of disease relapse.
Assay: Mon, Wed-Fri
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA) or bone marrow (EDTA). Also acceptable: RNA extracted by CLIA certified lab.
- Specimen Preparation
- Whole Blood: Transport 5 mL whole blood. (Min: 1 mL)
Bone Marrow: Transport 3 mL bone marrow. (Min: 1 mL)
Specimens must be received within 48 hours of collection due to lability of RNA.
Extracted RNA: Transport 40 uL RNA with at least 40 ng/uL concentration. (Min: 40 uL) Transport RNA in a tissue transport kit (ARUP Supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Whole Blood or Bone Marrow: CRITICAL REFRIGERATED. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
Extracted RNA: CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Serum, plasma, CSF, extracted DNA, RNA extracted by a non-CLIA lab, bone core, or FFPE tissue. Specimens collected in anticoagulants other than EDTA. Severely hemolyzed or clotted specimens.
- Ambient: 1 hour; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
Extracted RNA: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerate: Unacceptable; Frozen: Indefinitely
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|3000067||NPM1 Quantitative, Source||31208-2|
|3000068||NPM1 Quantitative, Result|
|3000069||NPM1 Quantitative, Ratio|