Phenotype test used to optimize therapy for patients who are taking thiopurine drugs. Thiopurine metabolite concentrations are identified to assess therapeutic and toxic concentrations. If thiopurine therapy has not been initiated, order Thiopurine Methyltransferase, RBC (0092066).
- Patient Preparation
- Trough collection (within 1 hour prior to the next dose).
- Lavender (EDTA) or Pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 5 mL whole blood. (Min: 2.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Refrigerated. Send Sunday - Wednesday only.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Hemolyzed specimens.
- Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 5 days; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
- 6 Methyl Mercaptopurine
- Imuran Metabolite
Performed at Quest Diagnostics San Juan Capistrano Inc.