Use for patients whose symptoms began, or whose documented exposure occurred, at least 14 days prior to testing. Should also be used as follow-up for patients with negative serum and urine results from molecular testing performed less than 14 days after symptom onset.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum Separator Tube (SST).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 1.0 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimen plainly as "acute or convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- Submit patient history.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2014017||Zika Virus IgM Ab Capture (MAC), ELISA||80824-6|
|2014019||Relevant Zika virus Exposure?|
|2014020||Symptoms consistent with Zika virus?||75325-1|