May be used as an adjunct to IGF-1 in diagnosis of growth disorders.
- Patient Preparation
- Plain Red or Serum Separator Tube (SST).
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow specimen to clot completely at room temperature. Separate from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 0.5 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube (Min: 0.2 mL). Freeze Immediately.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Moderately or grossly hemolyzed or severely lipemic specimens
- Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 2 days; Frozen: 2 months (Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Prepubertal (0-11 years old)||127-473 ng/mL|
|Postpubertal (12 years and older)||180-580 ng/mL|
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2013600||Insulin-Like Growth Factor (IGF-2)|
- IGF-2 (Insulin-Like Growth Factor II)