- Patient Preparation
- Muscle biopsy.
- Specimen Preparation
- Obtain Muscle/Nerve Biopsy collection kit prior to collection procedure, (ARUP supply #40923) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact Client Services at (800)522-2787. Special fixatives are required; collection instructions are provided with the kit.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens submitted with non-representative tissue type. Specimens that are not collected according to the collection instructions provided in the collection kit.
- Submit electronic request. If you do not have electronic ordering capability, use an ARUP Anatomic Pathology Form (#32960) with an ARUP client number. For additional technical details, contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. Submit clinical history.
- Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 24 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
Testing is ordered at the discretion of the ARUP pathologist; charges vary by individual patient.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|