- Patient Preparation
- Three renal needle core biopsies.
- Specimen Preparation
- Obtain Renal Biopsy Collection Kit prior to collection procedure (ARUP supply #40460) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact Client
Services at (800) 522-2787. Special fixatives are required; collection instructions are provided with the kit. One biopsy placed in 10 percent formalin, one placed in Zeus
fixative and one placed in glutaraldehyde
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens submitted with non-representative tissue type. Renal tissue containing no glomeruli.
- Submit electronic request. If you do not have electronic ordering capability, use an ARUP Anatomic Pathology Form (#32960) with an ARUP client number. For additional technical details, contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. Submit clinical history.
- Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 24 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
Testing is ordered at the discretion of the ARUP pathologist; charges vary by individual patient.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
- Kidney Biopsy
- Renal Biopsy