- Patient Preparation
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin is preferred) and paraffin embed specimen. Protect paraffin block and/or slides from excessive heat. Transport all case material to include stained slides, paraffin blocks and surgical pathology report in a consultation transport kit (ARUP supply #53462) available on eSupply using ARUP ConnectTM or contact ARUP Client Services at (800)522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens submitted with non-representative tissue type. Depleted specimens.
- Submit electronic request. If you do not have electronic ordering capability, use an ARUP Anatomic Pathology Form (#32960) with an ARUP client number. For additional technical details, contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|