Not recommended for diagnosis of active adenovirus infection. Direct detection of virus is recommended (culture, DFA, PCR, or antigen detection as clinically indicated by suspected site of infection).
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red or serum separator tube (SST).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Refrigerated. Also acceptable: Room temperature or frozen.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 month
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2013016||Adenovirus Antibody, Serum||5041-9|
Performed at Quest Diagnostics Infectious Disease Inc.