Confirm infectious agent as C. burnetii (Q-fever) in symptomatic patients. Recommend testing of acute and convalescent sera.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube (SST).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.1 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" and "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|Test Number||Component||Reference Interval|
|C. burnetii (Q-Fever) Ab, Phase I IgG||Negative|
|C. burnetii (Q-Fever) Ab, Phase II IgG||Negative|
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2012626||C. Burnetii Abs, IgG Phase I Screen||48720-7|
|2012628||C. Burnetii Abs, IgG Phase II Screen||48719-9|
- Coxiella burnetii
- Coxiella Titer
- Q Fever Phases I and II antibody