Useful for general screening in contexts of compliance and/or abuse. A screen with reflex testing is the preferred method for ruling out amphetamine exposure. For follow-up testing of a presumptive result, Fentanyl and Metabolite, Urine Quantitative (0092570) is preferred.
- Patient Preparation
- Random urine.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 4 mL urine with no additives or preservatives in ARUP Standard Transport Tubes. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens exposed to repeated freeze/thaw cycles. Samples collected in tubes with additives or preservatives.
- Ambient: 1 month; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: 9 months
For medical purposes only; not valid for forensic use.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2012212||Screen, Urine Interpretation||54247-2|
|2012285||Fentanyl, Urn, Screen||11235-9|
- Fentanyl and Metabolite
- fentanyl and norfentanyl blood levels