Useful for general screening in contexts of compliance and/or abuse. A screen with reflex testing is the preferred method for ruling out buprenorphine exposure. For follow-up testing of a presumptive result, Buprenorphine and Metabolites, Urine, Quantitative (2010092) is preferred.
- Patient Preparation
- Random urine.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 4 mL urine with no additives or preservatives to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube (Min: 2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Unknown fluids, pharmaceutical preparations, and breast milk. Specimens exposed to repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: 3 years
For medical purposes only; not valid for forensic use.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2012212||Screen, Urine Interpretation||54247-2|
|2012274||Buprenorphine, Urn, Screen||3415-7|
- Norbuprenorphine Glucuronide