Useful for general screening in contexts of compliance and/or abuse. A screen with reflex testing is the preferred method for ruling out benzodiazepine exposure. For follow-up testing of a presumptive result, Benzodiazepines, Urine Quantitative (2008291) is preferred.
- Patient Preparation
- Random urine.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 4 mL urine with no additives or preservatives to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Breast Milk. Pharmaceutical preparation. Specimens exposed to repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: 3 years
For medical purposes only; not valid for forensic use.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0092197||Benzodiazepines, Urn, Screen||19284-9|
|2012212||Screen, Urine Interpretation||54247-2|
- Pain Management, Benzodiazepines, Quantitative, w/ medMATCH, Urine (Drugs of Abuse Confirmation/Quan
- Pain Management, Benzodiazepines, w/Confirmation w/med MATACH, Urine (Drugs of Abuse Confirmation/Qu