Assess the body pool size of oxalate.
- Patient Preparation
- Patient should avoid ingestion of vitamin C for 24 hours prior to sample collection.
- Green (lithium or sodium heparin) or Lavender (EDTA) or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Place tube on wet ice immediately after collection. Separate plasma from cells ASAP or within 1 hour of collection. Transfer 2 mL plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube and freeze immediately. (Min: 1.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Samples that are not plasma. Samples not received frozen.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: 1 week
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|