Detects ALK fusion proteins (IHC) and ALK gene rearrangements (FISH) in solid tumors.
- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed specimen. Protect paraffin block and/or slides from excessive heat. Transport tissue block or 7 unstained (4-micron thick sections), positively charged slides in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808 recommended but not required) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. (Min. 4 slides). If sending precut slides, do not oven bake.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Paraffin block with no tumor tissue remaining; specimens fixed in any fixative other than 10 percent neutral buffered formalin.
- Include surgical pathology report.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2007325||ALK(D5F3) by IHC Reference Number||57723-9|
|2007327||ALK(D5F3) by IHC Result||35474-6|
- ALK D5F3 antibody staining
- ALK D5F3 staining
- ALK rearrangement by IHC
- ALK rearrangement staining