Use to diagnose patients for mucopolysaccharidosis type I (also known as MPS I, Hurler, Scheie, and Hurler-Scheie syndromes). To screen for all types of MPS, refer to Mucopolysaccharides Screen - Electrophoresis & Quantitation, Urine (0081352). To monitor glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) in patients previously diagnosed with MPS, refer to Mucopolysaccharides, Quantitative, Urine (0081357).
- Patient Preparation
- Yellow (ACD Solution B), Lavender (K2EDTA), or Lavender (K3EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 3 mL whole blood. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room Temperature (Preferred) or Refrigerated
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Grossly hemolyzed or heparinized specimens.
- Additional information is required: Clinical Indication for testing.
- Ambient: 3 days; Refrigerated: 3 days; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2011416||Alpha-Iduronidase Activity, Leukocytes||24057-2|
|2011417||Alpha-Iduronidase, Leukocytes, Interp||48767-8|
- Mucopolysaccharidosis Type I