For detection of copy number alterations and loss of heterozygosity in FFPE specimens from products of conception.
- Patient Preparation
- Fetal autopsy or products of conception.
- Specimen Preparation
- FFPE Fetal tissue: Transport ten slides, each with 5 µm unstained sections or four 20 µm scrolls or tissue block.
OR FFPE villi: Transport one H&E stained slide and ten slides, each with 5 µm unstained sections or tissue block.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens fixed or processed in alternative fixatives or heavy metal fixatives (B-4 or B-5).
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
Refer to report.
Counseling and informed consent are recommended for genetic testing. Consent forms are available online.
This test must be ordered using Cytogenetic test request form #43098 or through your ARUP interface. Please submit the Patient History for Prenatal Cytogenetics form with the electronic packing list (http://ltd.aruplab.com/Tests/Pdf/65).
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2010796||Cytogenomic MIP Array FFPE, POC|
|2010877||EER Cytogenomic MIP Array FFPE, POC||11526-1|
- array CGH
- Array Comparative Genomic Hybridization
- birth defects
- Chromosomal Microarray
- CMA; CGH
- Down syndrome
- Edward syndrome
- MCA; XO; 45,X; 45X
- multiple congenital anomalies
- Patau syndrome
- product of conception, POC, villi, placenta, fetal loss, fetal demise, abortion, pregnancy loss, sti
- Single-nucleotide-polymorphism (SNP) array
- T13; T18; T21
- trisomy 13
- Trisomy 18
- Trisomy 21
- Turner syndrome
- Whole Genome Array, formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded, FFPE