Useful in distinguishing lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma (LPL) from other low-grade B-cell lymphoproliferative disorders which may be in the differential diagnosis. Use when monitoring patients with LPL diagnosis and previously identified MYD88 L265P mutation.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA), bone marrow (EDTA), or FFPE tumor tissue. Also acceptable: DNA extracted by CLIA certified lab.
- Specimen Preparation
- Whole Blood: Do not freeze. Transport 5 mL whole blood. (Min: 1 mL)
Bone Marrow: Do not freeze. Transport 3 mL bone marrow. (Min: 1 mL)
FFPE Tumor Tissue: Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tissue. Protect from excessive heat. Transport tissue in a tissue transport kit (ARUP Supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
Extracted DNA: Transport 40 uL DNA with at least 50 ng/uL concentration. (Min: 40 uL) Transport DNA in a tissue transport kit (ARUP Supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Whole Blood, Bone Marrow or Extracted DNA: Refrigerated.
FFPE Tumor Tissue: Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Whole Blood, Bone Marrow or Extracted DNA: Plasma, serum, or DNA extracted by a non-CLIA lab. Specimens collected in anticoagulants other than EDTA or sodium heparin. Clotted or grossly hemolyzed specimens.
FFPE Tumor Tissue: Specimens fixed/processed in alternative fixatives, heavy metal fixatives (B-4 or B-5), or tissue sections on slides. Decalcified specimens.
- Whole Blood or Bone Marrow: Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 5 days; Frozen: Unacceptable
FFPE Tumor Tissue: Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
Extracted DNA: Ambient: 1 month; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Indefinitely
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2009320||MYD88 L265P Detection, Result|
|2009321||MYD88 L265P Detection, Quant|
- Lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma
- Waldenstrom macroglobulinemia