Most comprehensive genetic test for nonsyndromic and syndromic hearing loss. Recommended test for nonsyndromic hearing loss if GJB2, GJB6, and mitochondrial variant testing is negative. Recommended test for syndromic hearing loss if symptoms are consistent with disorders included on the panel.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA) or yellow (ACD Solution A or B). Peripheral blood required.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 3 mL whole blood. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Submit the Patient History Form for Expanded Hearing Loss with the Electronic Packing List.
- Ambient: 72 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: Unacceptable
Patient History forms are available online at www.aruplab.com.
Counseling and informed consent are recommended for genetic testing. Consent forms are available online.
* One or more exons are not covered by sequencing for the indicated gene; see Additional Technical Information.
** Deletion/duplication detection is not available for this gene.
*** One or more exons are not covered by sequencing, and deletion/duplication detection is not available for this gene; see Additional Technical Information.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2008804||Expanded Hearing Loss Panel Specimen|
|2008807||Expanded Hearing Loss Panel Interp|
- Chudley-McCullough syndrome
- Perrault syndrome
- Usher syndrome
- Wolfram syndrome