Assess for targeted variants that are useful for prognosis and/or treatment of individuals with solid tumor cancers, including melanoma, gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST), colorectal, bladder, and hepatocellular carcinomas, at initial diagnosis or in the presence of refractory disease. If the clinical indication is lung cancer, additional molecular genetic testing may be considered for detection of gene rearrangements and/or c-MET exon 14-skipping alterations. For evaluation of microsatellite instability, additional molecular testing should be considered.
- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tissue. Protect from excessive heat. Transport block and/or slides in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
Resections: 8 unstained 5-micron slides. (Min: 5 slides)
Small biopsies: 15 unstained 5-micron slides. (Min: 10 slides)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Less than 10 percent tumor. Specimens fixed/processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer) or heavy metal fixatives. Decalcified specimens.
- Include surgical pathology report.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2007992||Solid Tumor Panel by NGS Block ID|
|2007993||Solid Tumor Panel By NGS Interpretation|
|2008147||EER Solid Tumor Panel by NGS|
- Solid Tumor Next Gen sequencing