Most useful to establish autoimmune etiology in previously diagnosed type 1 DM. Do not use to differentiate type 1 DM from type 2 DM, for most cases.
If pursuing antibody testing to determine autoimmune diabetes mellitus, perform at least 2 antibody tests. In most cases, use glutamic acid decarboxylase antibody in combination with another antibody test. Other antibody tests include Glutamic Acid Decarboxylase Antibody (2001771), IA-2 Antibody (0050202), Insulin Antibody (0099228), and Islet Cell Cytoplasmic Antibody, IgG (0050138).
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube or plain red.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 0.5 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma. Grossly hemolyzed or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 5 days; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 3 months
Kronus Units are arbitrary. Kronus Units = U/mL. This assay is intended for the semi-quantitative determination of antibodies to ZnT8 in human serum. Results should be interpreted within the context of clinical symptoms.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2006197||Zinc Transporter 8 Antibody||76651-9|
- ZnT8 antibodies