Useful for general screening in contexts of compliance and/or abuse. A screen with reflex testing is the preferred method for ruling out opiate exposure. For follow-up testing of a presumptive result, Opiates, Urine, Quantitative (0090364) is preferred.
- Patient Preparation
- Random urine.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 4 mL urine with no additives or preservatives to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens exposed to repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: 3 years
Screen cutoff concentration: 300 ng/mL
For medical purposes only; not valid for forensic use.
If the specimen screens positive, then Confirmation/Quantitation by LC-MS/MS (ARUP test 0090364) will be added to confirm result. Additional charges apply.
For detection of oxycodone and/or oxymorphone, order Oxycodone/Oxymorphone Screen with Reflex to Confirmation, Urine (ARUP test code 2005100).
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2005094||Opiates, Urn, Screen||19295-5|
|2012212||Screen, Urine Interpretation||54247-2|
- Opiates urine concentration
- Pain Management, Opiates, Quantitative, Urine
- Urine screen and confirmation for opiates