- Patient Preparation
- Patient must be fasting 10-12 hours prior to collection. Patient should not be on any medications that may influence insulin levels, if possible, for at least 48 hours prior to collection.
- Serum Separator Tube (SST).
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow specimen to clot for 2 hours at room temperature. Centrifugation for 15 minutes at approximately 1000xg. Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube and freeze immediately. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Thawed specimens.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: 1 month
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
Performed at Cambridge Biomedical Research Group