- Patient Preparation
- Patient must be fasting 10-12 hours prior to collection. Patient should not be on any medications that may influence insulin levels, if possible, for at least 48 hours prior to collection.
- GI preservative tube. Order ARUP supply #47190 online through eSupply using Connect or contact ARUP Client Services at 800-522-2787.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate from cells within 1 hour of draw and transfer 2 mL plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube and freeze immediately. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Thawed specimens. Specimens not collected in GI preservative tube.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: 2 months
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
Performed at Cambridge Biomedical Research Group