Refer to ARUP Immunohistochemistry Stain Offerings brochure at www.aruplab.com/ap/resources.
- Patient Preparation
- Tissue or cells.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10% neutral buffered formalin is preferred) and paraffin embed specimen (cells must be prepared into a cellblock). Protect paraffin from excessive heat. Transport tissue block or 5 unstained (3-5 micron thick sections), on positively charged slides (Min: 2 slides). If sending precut slides, do not oven bake.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature or refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens submitted with non-representative tissue type. Depleted specimens.
- IMMUNOHISTOCHEMISTRY ORDERING AND SUBMISSION DETAILS: Submit electronic request. If you do not have electronic ordering capability, use an ARUP Immunohistochemistry Stain Form (form #32978) with an ARUP client number. For additional technical details, please contact ARUP Client Services.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2004125||RCC Antigen by IHC|
|2004126||RCC Antigen Reference Number|
- RCC IHC
- RCC immunostaining