Predicts response to anti-EGFR and MAPK pathway therapies in a variety of malignancies (eg, melanoma and colorectal cancer).
- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue. Also acceptable: DNA extracted by CLIA certified lab with corresponding client-circled H&E slide.
- Specimen Preparation
- Tumor Tissue: Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tissue. Protect from excessive heat. Tissue block will be returned after testing. Transport tissue block or 5 unstained 5 micron slides. (Min: 3 slides). Transport block and/or slide(s) in a tissue transport kit (ARUP Supply # 47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
Extracted DNA: Transport 40 uL DNA with at least 50 ng/uL concentration. (Min: 40 uL) Transport DNA in a tissue transport kit (ARUP Supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
Extracted DNA: Refrigerated.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Less than 25 percent tumor. DNA extracted by a non-CLIA lab. DNA extracted without a corresponding circled H&E slide. Specimens fixed/processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer) or heavy metal fixatives (B-4 or B-5). Decalcified specimens.
- Include surgical pathology report.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
Extracted DNA: Ambient: 1 month; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Indefinitely
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2003124||NRAS Mutation Detection, Pyrosequencing||21719-0|
- Anti-EGFR therapy resistance
- Codon 12,13
- Codon 61
- RAS Mutation Analysis, Thyroid Cancer