Use with CA 125 to monitor ovarian cancer, usually epithelial subtype, post therapy if pretreatment level was elevated. Not recommended for monitoring known mucinous or germ cell ovarian cancer. Not a stand-alone test for ovarian cancer screening or diagnosis.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum Separator Tube (SST). Also acceptable: Green (Lithium Heparin), Lavender (K2 EDTA), or Lavender (K3 EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow specimen to clot completely at room temperature. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Grossly hemolyzed specimens.
- Ambient: 5 hours; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: 4 months
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2003021||Human Epididymis Prot 4||55180-4|
- HE 4
- Human HE4 Antigen