Detect aneuploidy for chromosomes 3, 7, and 17. Use in conjunction with current standard diagnostic procedures as an aid for diagnosis of pancreatic cancer.
- Patient Preparation
- Bile or pancreatic duct brushings, biliary stent, fine needle aspirates, or pancreatic juices in UroVysion FISH Collection Kit (ARUP Supply #41440) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connector contact Client Services at (800) 522-2787. For specific instructions refer to Specimen Collection & Handling.
- Specimen Preparation
- Place specimen in Cytolyt or PreservCyt fixative vial. If the specimen is a brushing, submit the brush in the fixative.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens not collected in Cytolyt or PreservCyt fixative.
- Specimen source is required.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 72 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Positive||≥5 cells with gains of two or more chromosomes are present|
|Equivocal Tetrasomy||Cells present with tetrasomic or near tetrasomic signal patterns|
|Equivocal Trisomy||≥10 cells with gains of a single chromosome, (Trisomy 7 or Trisomy 3)|
|Negative||< 5 abnormal cells are present|
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2002452||Pancreatobiliary FISH Specimen Source||31208-2|
|2002459||Pancreatobiliary FISH Clinical History|
|2002463||Pancreatobiliary FISH Gross Description|
- Bile Duct FISH
- Bile Duct Tumor
- Biliary Tract Malignancy FISH
- Cholangiocarcinoma FISH
- Pancreas FISH