Preferred single screening test for a one time screening of population born between 1945-1965 and individuals at risk for HCV. Positive results require confirmation by molecular testing (eg, Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) by Quantitative NAAT (3000572) or Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) by Quantitative NAAT with Reflex to HCV Genotype by Sequencing (3000576)).
- Patient Preparation
- Serum Separator Tube (SST). Also acceptable: Lavender (EDTA) or Pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens containing particulate material. Severely hemolyzed, heat-inactivated, or lipemic specimens. Heparinized plasma.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: Indefinitely (avoid freeze/thaw cycles)
|Hepatitis C Antibody by CIA Index|
|Negative||0.79 IV or less|
|Equivocal||0.80 to 0.99 IV|
|Low Positive||1.00 to 10.99 IV|
|High Positive||11.00 IV or greater|
|Index Value (IV) = Anti-HCV signal to cutoff (S/C)|
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0020099||Hepatitis C Antibody by CIA Interp||13955-0|
|2002404||Hepatitis C Antibody by CIA Index||48159-8|
- HCV Ab
- HCV Antibody
- HCVAB, Serum
- Hepatitis C Viral Antibody, Serum
- non-A, non-B Hepatitis