Prognostication in core-binding factor-related (CBF) AML.
Assay: Sun, Tue, Thu
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA) or bone marrow (EDTA). Also acceptable: DNA extracted by CLIA certified lab.
- Specimen Preparation
- Whole Blood: Do not freeze. Transport 5 mL whole blood. (Min: 1 mL)
Bone Marrow: Do not freeze. Transport 3 mL bone marrow (Min: 1 mL).
Extracted DNA: Transport 40 uL DNA with at least 50 ng/uL concentration. (Min: 40 uL) Transport DNA in a tissue transport kit (ARUP Supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma, serum, FFPE tissue blocks/slides, or frozen tissue, DNA extracted by a non-CLIA lab. Specimens collected in anticoagulants other than EDTA or sodium heparin. Clotted or grossly hemolyzed specimens.
- Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 5 days; Frozen: Unacceptable
Extracted DNA: Ambient: 1 month; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Indefinitely
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2002439||Kit Mutations in AML||55201-8|
- CBF AML testing
- Exon 8 and 17
- KIT ex 8
- KIT exon 8