Monitor engraftment of donor cells post allogenic stem cell transplantation. Each cell sort must have a unique ARUP accession number.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA), or yellow (ACD Solution A or B). OR bone marrow in lavender (EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 3 mL whole blood. (Min: 3 mL) OR 1 mL bone marrow. Ship overnight. If cell sorting is required, specimens should be received within 24 hours of collection for optimal isolation of the requested cell line(s). Increase the amount of blood/bone marrow submitted based on the number of cell lines requested and for patients with low cell counts.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Clotted or hemolyzed specimens.
- Post-transplantation genotypes will be compared to pre-transplant recipient and donor genotypes. Therefore, donor and recipient specimens must be obtained and genotyped before the transplant event occurs. Please provide the results and date of the patient's most recent WBC and differential counts. When submitting bone marrow specimens for cell sorting, please provide information regarding the general cellularity of the patient's bone marrow. See Cell Isolation Request for Chimerism, Post-Transplant, Sorted Cells.
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
Type Recipient - Recipient cells only.
Mixed - Donor and Recipient cells present. Semi-quantitative results of percentage of donor and recipient cells will be reported.
Indication: Monitoring for bone marrow transplant patients; correlation with clinical status and consideration of the interval between bone marrow transplantation and testing is necessary for proper interpretation of results.
Methodology: PCR followed by capillary electrophoresis. Specimens are analyzed using 15 autosomal markers (D8S1179, D21S11, D7S820, CSF1PO, D3S1358, THO1, D13S317, D16S539, D2S1338, D19S433, vWa, TPOX, D18S51, D5S818, and FGA) and one gender marker (amelogenin).
Kit Used: AmpFLSTR Identifiler® PCR Amplification Kit, Applied Biosystems.
Limit of Detection: 2 percent of minor cell population.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0051670||Chimerism,Post-Cell Sort, Interpretation|
|2001380||Chimerism,Post-Cell Sort, Specimen|
|2002034||Chimerism,Post-Cell Sort,Margin of Error|
|2002035||Chimerism,Post-Cell Sort, Percent Recip|
|2002036||Chimerism,Post-Cell Sort, Percent Donor|
- Bone Marrow DNA typing
- Bone Marrow DNA Typing Transplant Eval., Post-Transplant
- Bone Marrow Post-Trans Eval
- Bone Marrow Transplantation; Chimerism Evaluation
- Engraftment Monitoring
- Transplant Analysis
- Transplant Evaluation