Determine eligibility for anti-EGFR (cetuximab and panitumumab) therapy in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer.
Assay: Mon, Wed, Fri
- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue. Also acceptable: DNA extracted by CLIA certified lab with corresponding client-circled H&E slide.
- Specimen Preparation
- Tumor Tissue: Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tissue. Protect paraffin block from excessive heat. Tissue block will be returned after testing. Transport tissue block or 5 unstained 5-micron slides. (Min: 3 slides). Transport block and/or slide(s) in a tissue transport kit (ARUP Supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
Extracted DNA: Transport 40uL DNA with at least 50 ng/uL concentration. (Min: 40uL) Transport DNA in a tissue transport kit (ARUP Supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
Extracted DNA: Refrigerated.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Less than 25 percent tumor. DNA extracted by a non-CLIA lab. DNA extracted without a corresponding circled H&E slide. Specimens fixed/processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer) or heavy metal fixatives (B-4 or B-5). Decalcified specimens.
- Include surgical pathology report.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
Extracted DNA: Ambient: 1 month; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Indefinitely
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0040249||KRAS Mutation Detection||21702-6|
- Anti-EGFR therapy eligibility
- anti-EGFR therapy resistance testing
- BRAF codon 600
- Cetuximab (Erbitux)
- KRAS codons 12, 13, 61
- Panitumumab (Vectibix)