Aid in the diagnosis of strongyloides. Positive results in patients from endemic areas may not represent active infection.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum Separator Tube (SST) or Plain Red.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min. 0.3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Bacterially contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, icteric, or lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
|0.9 IV or less||Negative - No significant level of Strongyloides IgG antibody detected.|
|1.0 IV||Equivocal - The Strongyloides IgG antibody result is borderline and therefore inconclusive. Recommend retesting the patient in 2-4 weeks, if clinically indicated.|
|1.1 IV or greater||Positive - IgG antibodies to Strongyloides detected, which may suggest current or past infection.|
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0099564||Strongyloides Antibody, IgG By ELISA||34376-4|
- Ova and Parasite Exam
- Strongyloides IgG