Evaluate patients with suspected immunodeficiency diseases, including severe combined immunodeficiency. Do not order for patients younger than 3 months unless clinical history of candidiasis is present.
- Patient Preparation
- Collect control specimen from a healthy individual unrelated to patient at approximately the same time as and under similar conditions to the patient.
- Green (sodium heparin) (patient) AND green (sodium heparin) (control). Also acceptable: Yellow (ACD Solution A) (patient) AND yellow (ACD Solution A) (control). Patient and control specimens must be collected within 48 hours of test performance.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 10 mL whole blood (patient) AND 10 mL whole blood (control) in original collection tubes. (Min: 7 mL (patient) AND 7 mL (control)) Do not refrigerate or freeze. LIVE LYMPHOCYTES REQUIRED.
Infant Minimum: 3 mL (patient) AND 7 mL (control).
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL ROOM TEMPERATURE.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Yellow (ACD Solution B). Refrigerated or frozen specimens. Specimens in transport longer than 48 hours.
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Unacceptable
New York State Clients: Ambient 24 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Unacceptable
Results are reported as the counts per minute (CPM) mitogen or antigen stimulated versus a control culture and a stimulation index (SI) which represents the ratio of CPM of the stimulated lymphocytes to the mean CPM of the unstimulated control.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0096056||Lymphocyte Ag and Mitogen Panel||59063-8|
- Antigen & Mitogen Proliferation Panel
- Blastogenesis Antigens
- Blastogenesis Mitogens
- Lymphocyte Blastogenesis
- Lymphocyte Blastogenesis Antigens
- Mitogen Studies