• Antibody panel for initial diagnostic assessment and disease monitoring in pemphigoid, epidermolysis bullosa acquisita, and linear IgA bullous dermatosis. Bullous pemphigoid and other pemphigoid variants, epidermolysis bullosa acquisita (EBA), and linear IgA bullous dermatosis present with blistering, erosions, pruritus, and urticaria, which affect skin and mucous membranes.
• Panel components include IgG and IgA epithelial BMZ antibodies and IgG bullous pemphigoid BP 180 and 230 antigens. To order individual component tests, refer to Epithelial Basement Membrane Zone Antibody IgG (0092056), Epithelial Basement Membrane Zone Antibody IgA (0092057), and/or Bullous Pemphigoid Antigens (180 kDa and 230 kDa), IgG (0092566).
• Preferred panel is Basement Membrane Zone Antibody Panel (3001410), which also includes extended testing for EBA with the Collagen Type VII Antibody IgG by ELISA.
• To screen for pemphigoid along with other possible immunobullous diseases, order concurrently with Pemphigus Antibody Panel - Epithelial Cell Surface Antibodies and Desmoglein 1 and Desmoglein 3 Antibodies, IgG (0090650), Collagen Type VII Antibody IgG by ELISA (2010905), AND Cutaneous Direct Immunofluorescence, Biopsy (0092572).
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red or serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 2 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Hemolyzed or lipemic specimens.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: Indefinitely
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0092002||Pemphigoid Antibody Panel||48767-8|
|2010914||EER Pemphigoid Antibody Panel||11526-1|
- Bullous Pemphigoid