- Patient Preparation
- Collect midmorning after patient has been sitting, standing or walking for at least 2 hours and seated for 5-15 minutes. Refer to the Additional Technical Information for specific patient preparation recommendations.
- Serum Separator Tube (SST) or Plain Red.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- EDTA plasma.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 8 hours; Refrigerated: 5 days; Frozen: 1 month
|0-6 days||5.0-102.0 ng/dL|
|1-3 weeks||6.0-179.0 ng/dL|
|1-11 months||7.0-99.0 ng/dL|
|1-2 years||7.0-93.0 ng/dL|
|3-10 years||4.0-44.0 ng/dL|
|11-14 years||4.0-31.0 ng/dL|
|15 years and older||Less than or equal to 31.0 ng/dL||Less than or equal to 16.0 ng/dL||4.0-31.0 ng/dL|
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
- Aldosterone, S
- serum aldosterone