Aids in the diagnosis of adrenal insufficiency and determining the presence of anterior pituitary tumors.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (K2EDTA) or Pink (K2EDTA). Collection tube must be siliconized glass or plastic.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube and freeze immediately. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Serum, heparinized plasma, tissue or urine. Grossly hemolyzed specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 3 hours; Refrigerated: 4 hours; Frozen: 1 month (No freeze/thaw cycles.)
7.2 - 63.3 pg/mL (a.m. draws)
Pediatric reference values are the same as adults, as confirmed by peer reviewed literature.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
- Adrenal Corticotropin Hormone