Order for M. tuberculosis complex speciation and susceptibility testing.
- Patient Preparation
- Actively growing organism, in pure culture.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport sealed container with pure culture on solid or in liquid media. Place each specimen in an individually sealed bag.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. If culture is suspected of being a microorganism identified on the IATA list as an infectious substance affecting humans, submit specimen according to Infectious Substance, Category A, shipping guidelines.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Mixed cultures or non-viable organisms. Organisms submitted on agar plate.
- Indicate source of organism and any other pertinent information such as growth rate of the organism or DNA probe results.
- Ambient: 2 weeks; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 2 weeks
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
A processing fee will be billed for all organisms submitted that are not in pure culture as requested in the specimen requirements. Identification of AFB isolates is billed by individual tests performed.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
- ID by sequencing
- M. tuberculosis identification
- MA AFB
- Mycobacteria identification
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis identification
- Primary Anti-tuberculosis agents
- Primary Panel