Immunoblot can be used as an adjunct tool in the diagnosis of Yersinia enterocolitica infection. The presence of IgA and IgG antibodies to Y. enterocolitica Yop proteins can also aid in the diagnosis of post-infectious autoimmune disorders associated with Y. enterocolitica (eg, reactive arthritis, erythema nodosum, Graves Disease, and Hashimoto thyroiditis).
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube (SST).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, icteric, lipemic, or turbid specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|0051228||Yersinia enterocolitica Antibody, IgA by Immunoblot||Effective November 19, 2012|
|0051229||Yersinia enterocolitica Antibody, IgG by Immunoblot||Effective November 19, 2012|
|0051172||Yersinia enterocolitica Antibody, IgM by Immunoblot||Effective November 19, 2012|
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0051172||Yersinia enterocolitica, IgM Immunoblot||48410-5|
|0051228||Yersinia enterocolitica, IgA Immunoblot||41400-3|
|0051229||Yersinia enterocolitica, IgG Immunoblot||41401-1|
- Y enterocolitica Abs Immunoblot