Detect prior exposure to T. gondii.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum Separator Tube (SST).
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow specimen to clot completely at room temperature. Separate from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, heat-inactivated, or grossly hemolyzed specimens.
- Label specimens plainly as acute or convalescent.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
|7.1 IU/mL or less:||Not Detected.|
|7.2-8.7 IU/mL:||Indeterminate - Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.|
|8.8 IU/mL or greater:||Detected.|
The magnitude of the measured result is not indicative of the amount of antibody present.
This test should not be used for blood donor screening, associated re-entry protocols, or for screening Human Cell, Tissues and Cellular and Tissue-Based Products (HCT/P).
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050770||Toxoplasma gondii Ab, IgG||8039-0|
- parasite serology
- T. gondii IgG
- Toxoplasma Antibody, IgG, Serum