Use to monitor previously established MPO/PR-3 antibodies or confirm an IFA ANCA positive test result. Test does not include ANCA testing by IFA.
For ANCA testing, refer to the available panel tests. For the workup of suspected vasculitis, refer to ANCA-Associated Vasculitis Profile (ANCA/MPO/PR-3) with Reflex to ANCA Titer (2006480). For patients with a history of vasculitis, refer to Anti-Neutrophil Cytoplasmic Antibody with Reflex to Titer and MPO/PR-3 Antibodies (2002068).
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma, urine, or other body fluids. Contaminated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
Approximately 85% of patients with a C-ANCA pattern by IFA have antibodies specific for PR3.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050526||Myeloperox Antibodies, IgG||6969-0|
|0050527||Serine Protease3, IgG||6968-2|
- ANCA Antibodies
- Anticytoplasmic Autoantibodies
- Myeloperoxidase Antibodies
- Proteinase 3 Antibodies
- Serine Protease 3